NEW JERSEY — Below you will find the most up-to-date information on coronavirus news impacting New Jersey. You can find additional resources and coverage on our coronavirus page.
Latest on COVID-19 cases and deaths
- 3,968 new positive PCR tests
- 785,583 total positive PCR tests
- 1,166 new positive antigen tests
- 106,560 total positive antigen tests
- 30 new lab-confirmed deaths
- 21,847 total lab-confirmed deaths
- 2,535 additional probable deaths
COVID vaccine latest
- As of Saturday morning, 3,896,185 vaccine doses have been administered statewide:
- 2,488,125 first doses of either the Moderna or Pfizer Vaccine
- 1,405,968 fully vaccinated New Jersey residents
Newark vaccine site
Newark, one of the state’s cities hit hardest by the virus, is set to get a new FEMA-run mass vaccination center at the New Jersey Institute of Technology. Read more here.
Vaccine eligibility expands
Gov. Phil Murphy’s office said New Jersey will expand COVID-19 vaccine eligibility on April 5 to include people ages 55 and older, members of the press and more. Read more here.
100 days since first COVID vaccine
Friday marked 100 days since the first COVID vaccine was administered in New Jersey. President and CEO of University Hospital in Newark Dr. Shereef Elnahal spoke to PIX11 about the state’s vaccine distribution and supply.
Latest official numbers:
As of Saturday, there have been 785,583 confirmed cases in the state since March 2020, and there have been 21,847 lab-confirmed coronavirus deaths, according to the state Health Department.
The New York state coronavirus hotline is 1-888-364-3065; information is also being posted here