NEW JERSEY — Below you will find the most up-to-date information on coronavirus news impacting New Jersey. You can find additional resources and coverage on our coronavirus page.
- 3,411 new positive PCR tests reported Friday
- 663,416 total positive PCR tests since March
- 640 new positive antigen tests reported Friday
- 80,403 total positive antigen tests
- 47 new lab-confirmed deaths reported Friday
- 20,194 total lab-confirmed deaths since March
- 2,246 additional probable deaths
Parents can again attend their children’s school sporting events in New Jersey. Gov. Phil Murphy said Friday he was signing an executive order to permit up to two parents or guardians to attend indoor and outdoor school sporting events. Read more.
Vaccine side effects
Severe side effects from the second dose of the COVID-19 vaccine are possible but that shouldn’t be a deterrent from getting vaccinated, doctors say. Read more.
Latest official numbers:
As of Saturday, there have been 663,416 confirmed cases in the state since March, and there have been 20,194 lab-confirmed coronavirus deaths, according to the state Health Department.
To find the nearest free COVID-19 testing location, click here.
Call New Jersey’s coronavirus hotline at 1-800-222-1222. You can also click here for additional information