NEW JERSEY — Below you will find the most up-to-date information on coronavirus news impacting New Jersey. You can find additional resources and coverage on our coronavirus page.
- As of Saturday morning, 4,587,122 vaccine doses have been administered statewide.
- 2,842,733 first doses of either the Moderna or Pfizer Vaccine
- 1,741,026 fully vaccinated New Jersey residents
Update: COVID-19 cases and deaths
- 3,525 new positive PCR tests
- 811,726 total positive PCR tests
- 908 new positive antigen tests
- 111,670 total positive antigen tests
- 24 new lab-confirmed deaths
- 22,064 total lab-confirmed deaths
- 2,568 additional probable deaths
NJ gathering limits loosen despite surge in COVID cases
An unsettling spike in COVID-19 cases was reported in New Jersey, with the state surpassing 800,000 total confirmed cases on Thursday. Despite the numbers, New Jersey’s outdoor gathering limit increased Friday from 25 people to 200.
Fully vaccinated people can travel safely again: CDC
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention updated its guidance to say fully vaccinated people can travel within the U.S. without getting tested for the coronavirus or quarantining afterward.
Latest official numbers:
As of Saturday, there have been 811,726 confirmed cases in the state since March 2020, and there have been 22,064 lab-confirmed coronavirus deaths, according to the state Health Department.
The New York state coronavirus hotline is 1-888-364-3065; information is also being posted here