NEW JERSEY — Below you will find the most up-to-date information on coronavirus news impacting New Jersey. You can find additional resources and coverage on our coronavirus page.
Gov. Phil Murphy held a coronavirus briefing. Watch the news conference below.
- New Jersey has administered more than 2.5 million doses, as of Monday morning.
- 500,000 total doses have been given at the state’s six vaccine megasites.
- Two more community-based vaccination sites opened Monday at partnering churches in Jersey City and Camden.
- New Jersey is eighth of all states in doses administered daily and 10th of all states in total doses.
- “We’re above the national averages in terms of the percent of our population that have both first and second shots – and keep in mind that we are the 11th most-populous state so we have a lot more ground to cover than many of the states ahead of us,” Murphy said.
Federal COVID-19 relief bill
- The American Rescue Plan means that New Jersey can get moving forward again, from additional federal funding for vaccination efforts to small business aid and more.
- 2,201 new positive PCR tests
- 722,997 total PCR tests
- 421 new positive antigen tests
- 91,919 total antigen tests
- 1,786 COVID-19 patients hospitalized
- 393 patients in ICUs
- 237 ventilators in use
- 20 new lab-confirmed fatalities
- 21,193 total COVID-19 deaths
- The positivity rate for all 43,025 PCR tests recorded on March 4 was 7.13%
- The statewide rate of transmission is 1.06
Canceled vaccine appointments
- DOH has received reports of people canceling their Pfizer or Moderna vaccine appointments because they want to wait for the single-shot Johnson and Johnson vaccine, Commissioner Judy Persichilli said.
- Anyone who wants to wait for a Johnson and Johnson shot is welcome to do so, but if they have a vaccine appointment and cancel it, they will go to the back of the state’s queue, the commissioner warned.
- “We urge you, if you have an appointment, please consider getting vaccinated,” Persichilli said.
Latest official numbers:
As of Monday, there have been 722,997 confirmed cases in the state since March, and there have been 21,193 lab-confirmed coronavirus deaths, according to the state Health Department.
To find the nearest free COVID-19 testing location, click here.
Call New Jersey’s coronavirus hotline at 1-800-222-1222. You can also click here for additional information