pix11

Recent Articles
  • ‘Look down before you sit down’: Virginia man finds ball python in toilet

    VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. – A Virginia man was shocked to look at his toilet and see a python staring back at him Thursday night. James Hooper thought it was a prank when he looked down the hall and saw the reptile, according to WTKR. It wasn’t. “When I saw the tongue of the snake, I was like, ‘wow,'” he said. “We’ve had snakes in the yard, but not in the toilet.” Hooper says he called his roommate, Kenny Spruill, into […]

  • 9 members of one Indiana family among 17 killed in duck boat accident

    BRANSON, Mo. – A  duck boat capsized in Missouri Thursday night, killing 17 people, including nine people from the same Indiana family. The Missouri governor’s office confirmed to WXIN that eleven members of the family, including several children, were aboard the boat and nine of them passed away in the incident at Table Rock Lake in Branson. The pastor of Zion Tabernacle Apostolic Church said the family was close to his church, but weren’t members. A family member shared a photo […]

  • Man paints backyard to comply with city’s code to ‘look green’

    OGDEN, Utah — A Utah man fed up with a city code that mandates green lawns found his own way to “comply” with the rules. Resident Michael Goldman has lived in Ogden for five years now, but this year he said the city is coming down hard about the way his yard looks. “They’re citing a lot of people for not keeping it green, not keeping it mowed,” Goldman said. “They told me I had a certain amount of time […]

  • California 4-year-old accidentally shoots, kills 2-year-old cousin

    SAN BERNARDINO COUNTY, Calif. – A 2-year-old California girl died after a 4-year-old boy somehow got hold of a gun and accidentally shot her Friday morning, authorities said. About 9:15 a.m., deputies and medical personnel responded to a report of a 2-year-old shooting victim in the 2700 block of Duffy Street, in the Muscoy area of San Bernardino County, according to Cindy Bachman of the San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Department. When first responders arrived, they confirmed the toddler had been […]

  • Dad accused of shoving baby wipe down infant’s throat, leaving child in critical condition

    TARPON SPRINGS, Fla. – A Florida father has been charged with attempted murder after police say he jammed a balled-up baby wipe down his infant son’s throat, according to WFTS. Michael Hurley, 32, was alone with the baby Tuesday night when the child’s mother came home from work to find the 5-month-old choking, Tarpon Springs police said. The boy’s mother picked him up and began screaming for help. A neighbor ran over and the two women managed to pull a […]

  • Baby born in Chick-Fil-A bathroom gets free meals for life, job offer

    SAN ANTONIO, Texas – A couple in Texas delivered their baby in a Chick-Fil-A bathroom and now the baby will get free meals for life. KSAT reported that Falon Griffin was having contractions Tuesday night, so she and husband Robert drove to meet a family friend at a Chick-Fil-A to drop off their two children before going to the hospital. When they got to the restaurant parking lot, however, Falon knew she couldn’t wait, so she headed to the bathroom. […]

  • Parents sue daughter’s boyfriend for allegedly enabling her heroin abuse

    PUEBLO, Colo. — A southern Colorado mother has filed a civil suit against the man she says got her daughter addicted to heroin. The lawsuit lists several instances where Kyle Monson, 29-year-old Carla Pena’s boyfriend, ignored Pena’s cry for medical attention. Pena’s mom, Gail Sistrunk, says she filed the suit for a number of reasons, but the main one has nothing to do with money. Sistrunk said she filed the suit to save her daughter’s life. There are 25 claims in the […]

  • Spontaneously combusting tortilla chips blamed for two fires

    Normally, tortilla chips need a healthy topping of spicy salsa to be described as fiery. Not, as it turns out, in Austin, Texas. In a Wednesday Facebook post, fire officials described arriving at July 12 factory fire caused by the “spontaneous combustion of tortilla chips. Yes, you read that right.” The factory had apparently been testing a new way to handle food waste from the making of the chips that “didn’t work out so well.” According to officials, boxes of the food […]

  • ‘Brady Bunch’ house goes on sale for first time since 1973

    LOS ANGELES – It’s a home so famous it has its own Yelp page, and now the television home of the beloved sitcom “The Brady Bunch” is for sale. The three-bedroom, three-bathroom residence that was used for exterior shots during the filming of the classic show, which ran from September 1969 to March 1974, still has a meticulously-maintained 1970s feel inside. From the MusiCall intercom system with its golden knobs, to the floral wallpaper and stone fireplace, it looks like […]

  • Driver who dodged 1,645 tolls learns her fate

    MOUNT JOY, Pa. – A woman who dodged tolls on the Pennsylvania Turnpike 1,645 times over a five-year period will end up paying more than $12,500 for those trips. Lori Yearick, 45, of Mount Joy, Penn., pleaded guilty, and her plea deal allows her to pay a lot less than she was originally said to owe: $92,000, thanks to the turnpike policy of charging toll dodgers the amount they would have owed had they traveled the highway’s entire length. Her […]