Bronx teen first to die of vaping-related illness in New York: Cuomo

THE BRONX — A Bronx teenager is the first person to die of a vaping-related illness in New York state, Gov. Andrew Cuomo announced Tuesday.

The 17-year-old was pronounced dead at Montefiore Hospital, the governor said at a press conference.

On Friday, the FDA issued a consumer alert telling people who vape to avoid any vaping products containing THC, a cannabis-based component that's been present in the majority of vaping-related illnesses.

The death toll from vaping-related illnesses is approaching two dozen in the U.S, with about 1,000 cases of illnesses, according to the CDC.

The State Department of Health is investigating.

AlertMe
Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.