TRENTON, N.J. — New Jersey Gov. Phil Murphy is urging anyone with information about a 5-year-old girl believed to have been kidnapped from a park last month to come forward.
Murphy spoke Thursday at an unrelated event and said people should call the Bridgeton Police.
Dulce Maria Alavez disappeared Sept. 16 from a playground at Bridgeton City Park. The girl and her 3-year-old brother were playing while their mother sat in her car with an 8-year-old relative.
The mother told police her son soon ran back to the car crying and pointed to the area where he last saw his sister.
Her frantic 911 call was released Thursday.
“I can’t find my daughter,” the emotional mom said. “We were with her at the park and people say that somebody, probably somebody took her.”
Police looked but could not locate her.
An Amber Alert was issued the following day. Authorities believe the girl was taken by a man who led her to a red van.