2-year-old boy dies after choking on candy at Bronx library: police

FORDHAM MANOR, the Bronx — A 2-year-old boy died in the Bronx Sunday after he choked on a piece of candy while at a library, officials said.

The boy was at the Bronx Library Center with his 14-year-old brother when he choked around 3:15 p.m., police said. He was unconscious and unresponsive when emergency responders arrived.

The boy was rushed to a local hospital where he was pronounced deceased.

The boy’s name has not been released.

AlertMe
Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.