Mt. HOPE, the Bronx — A Bronx apartment building was evacuated early Thursday after high levels of carbon monoxide were detected, fire officials said.
Authorities responded to the seven-story building along Grand Concourse and Morris Avenue around 2:30 a.m., fire officials said.
The boiler was shut off by the FDNY, according to Con Edison.
The whole building was evacuated, fire officials said.
Dozens of residents were seen outside the building.
No injuries were immediately reported.
Con Edison crews are on scene.
Correction: This story has been updated with information regarding who turned off the apartment’s boiler. It was initially reported that NYPD shut it off.AlertMe