NEW YORK— Calling all the lovebirds! Are you looking to pop the question this Valentine’s Day? Well, now is your chance to get down on one knee with help from PIX11.
One lucky winner will get the chance to propose LIVE on the PIX11 Morning News.
To enter, send your story to email@example.com.
We would love to hear your heart-warming stories and help you capture the moment of a lifetime!
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
- Eligibility: You must be 18 years of age or older and a legal resident NY, NJ or CT at the time of entry. The PIX11 Morning News: PIX Proposal Contest (the “Contest”) is not open to employees of Sponsor or those employees’ immediate family members. Employees and their immediate family members of any of Sponsor’s affiliated companies, licensees, advertising or promotional agencies, or sponsors are also ineligible. For purposes of this Contest, “immediate family members” means grandparents, parents, siblings, spouse, and children (including stepchildren). This Contest is void where prohibited by law and outside the eligibility area set forth above. The Contest starts at 5:00 AM ET on Friday, February 1, 2019, and ends at 11:59 PM ET on Thursday, February 7, 2019.
- How to Enter: (a) Beginning on February 1, 2019, visit the contest page of www.pix11.com , complete the official entry form and upload a video (the “Video”) of you telling us why your love story is special. Couple can appear in the video together or separately. Videos must be in .avi, .dv, .mov, .qt, .mp4, .mpeg, .3gp, .asf, .wmv, or .mpg file format. Maximum file size = 200 MB. Maximum duration: one minute.
Sponsor’s clock will be the official clock of the Contest. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, incomplete, damaged, illegible, late, or misdirected entries, or for errors in mechanical transmission, technical difficulties, upload failure, file size upload failure, file format upload failure, or inability to transmit Internet entries.
(b) All entries must include entrant’s name, age, address, email address, and phone number. You must provide all information requested on the entry form, your contact information must be accurate, and you must have a valid email account in order for your entry to be eligible.
Restrictions: By entering, entrants agree to be bound by and comply with these Official Rules. One entry per couple. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, incomplete, damaged, illegible, late, or misdirected entries, or for errors in mechanical transmission, unavailability of phone lines or connections, cellular phone service, or any other technical malfunctions or inability to transmit messages or entries.
- Submitted Videos: The Video must not portray anyone other than the members of the couple. Video must not portray any dangerous activity; must not disparage Sponsor; must not contain material that is inappropriate, indecent, lewd, pornographic, obscene, hateful, tortious, or defamatory; must not contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; and must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of, or contrary to the laws or regulations in any jurisdiction where the Video is created. By submitting a Video, the entrant represents and warrants that the entrant has all rights necessary to submit the Video, and that the Video has not been previously published, does not violate the rights of any other person or company (including but not limited to privacy and copyrights), does not defame, libel, or slander anyone or any entity, does not contain inappropriate, offensive, indecent, vulgar, obscene or profane content, and in no other way violates any applicable laws or the Terms of Service on the Contest Site. If the Video depicts a recognizable individual other than the entrant, the entrant represents and warrants the entrant has the permission of all such individuals to submit the Video in the Contest, and the entrant agrees to submit written permissions and releases from those individuals if required by Sponsor. Videos that do not comply with these Official Rules or the foregoing representations and warranties will be disqualified if discovered by Sponsor, and Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any entry at any time that in Sponsor’s’ opinion does not comply with these Official Rules. Each entrant agrees to indemnify, defend and hold Sponsor harmless against any and all liabilities, losses, damages, claims, debts, investigations, fines, penalties, costs, expenses and settlements (including attorneys’ fees and costs of litigation, settlement, judgment, interest and penalties) arising out of or related to a breach of the foregoing representations and warranties. By entering, entrant grants to the Tribune Broadcasting Company, LLC, and its affiliates and entities, including Sponsor, and its affiliated Web sites and broadcast stations a world-wide, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive right and fully sub-licensable license to use, copy, reproduce, distribute, publish, publicly perform, publicly display, modify, adapt, translate, archive, store, and create derivative works from his/her Video in any form, format, or medium, of any kind now known or later developed, without prior notice, approval or compensation.
- Winner Selection, Notification, and Verification: (a) Winner Selection. On or about February 8, 2019 all eligible Video submissions will be judged by a panel consisting of WPIX staff members, based on the following factors: overall presentation, creativity and originality, The decisions of the judges are incontestable, final and binding.
(b) Winner Notification & Verification. Sponsor will attempt to notify the winner by telephone or by email using the information provided in the entry form. If a potential winner does not respond within 24 hours of initial notification attempt, does not timely respond to notification attempt, or does not meet the eligibility requirements, both members of the winning couple are not willing or able to participate in the Appearance, or does not adhere to the Official Rules, entrant will be disqualified and Sponsor may, at its discretion, select a new winner by the same criteria set forth above, time permitting. Prior to the appearance, Winner will be required to sign and return a Video Release, Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability Release and a Publicity Release and may be required to provide required identification. Failure to provide proof of identity, eligibility and compliance with the requirements of these Official Rules, or to return all required documents will result in disqualification.
- Prize: The winning couple (the winner and his/her significant other) will be invited to appear on the PIX11 Morning News on February 14, 2019 to perform a live on the broadcast between the hours of 7:00 am – 9:00 am (the “Appearance”). Both members of the winning couple will be required to conform to generally accepted standards of behavior and dress for a live television broadcast in order to participate in the Appearance. The Appearance may be delayed or cancelled from programming reasons, and there is no cash value to the Appearance. If the Appearance does not occur for any reason, no alternate will be awarded.
- Conditions & Restrictions: Entrants agree Sponsor has the sole right to decide all matters and disputes arising from this Contest and that its decision is final and binding. Except where prohibited by law, entrants agree to allow use of their name, voice, photograph, likeness and any information provided on entry form, in any medium of communication, including print, Internet, radio and/or television and for any purpose, including advertising, promotional or other purposes, by Sponsor and/or its affiliates, without additional compensation. By entering, entrants agree to release, indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor, its parent companies and affiliates, and each of their employees, representatives, contractors, sponsors and advertisers, from any and all liability, loss, damage, costs or claims related to any allegation regarding participation in the Contest and/or the award of, the receipt of, or the use of their prize. Sponsor is not responsible for personal injury of the winner incurred in connection with the use of the prize.
As a condition of entering, entrants agree: (a) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, consequential, or any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses; (b) all causes of action arising out of or related to this Contest, or any prize awarded, will be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court in the state of New York, to which participant submits to personal jurisdiction; and (c) any and all claims, judgments, and awards will be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, excluding attorneys’ fees and court costs. This Contest will be governed and enforced pursuant to New York law, excluding choice of law provisions.
Sponsor reserves the right to prohibit any entrant from participating in the Contest if, at its sole discretion, Sponsor finds such entrant to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest, or if such entrant shows a disregard for, or attempts to circumvent, these Official Rules, or acts: (a) in a manner the Sponsor determines to be not fair or equitable; (b) with an intent to annoy, threaten or harass any other entrant or Sponsor; or (c) in any other disruptive manner. Sponsor assumes no liability for (a) any incorrect or inaccurate entry information; or (b) any unauthorized access to, or theft, destruction or alteration of entries at any point in the operation of this Contest. If a dispute arises regarding compliance with these Official Rules, Sponsor may consider, in its sole discretion, data reasonably available to Sponsor through information technology systems in Sponsor’s control, but Sponsor will not be obligated to consider any data or other information collected from any other source. Neither the failure of Sponsor to insist upon or enforce strict performance of any provision of these Official Rules or the failure, delay or omission by Sponsor in exercising any right with respect to any term of these Official Rules, will be construed as a waiver or relinquishment to any extent of Sponsor’s right to assert or rely upon any such provision or right in that or any other instance. If there is any conflict between any term of these Official Rules and any of the marketing or other materials used in connection with the Contest, the terms of the Official Rules will govern.
- Internet: If for any reason, this Contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, tampering, fraud, technical failure, or any other cause that corrupts or threatens the administration, security or integrity of the Contest, The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate or suspend the Contest or any portion of the Contest. If Sponsor terminates the Contest, it will determine the winner by applying the criteria set forth above to all eligible, non-suspect entries received as of the Contest termination. If Sponsor terminates or modifies the Contest, Sponsor will post notice on the official Contest website.
- Official Rules/Winner Name: A copy of the Official Rules is available upon request by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to PIX11’S PIX PROPOSAL , WPIX-TV, 220 E. 42nd Street, New York, NY 10017, or by visiting the WPIX TV website at www.pix11.com. For the name of the winner, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to PIX11’s PIX PROPOSAL, WPIX-TV, 220 E. 42nd Street, New York, NY 10017.
- Sponsor: WPIX TV, 220 East 42nd Street, New York, NY 10017.