Dogs injured in fire at vacant Bronx building

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

THE BRONX — Dogs were injured in a fire at a vacant Bronx home on Christmas.

firefighters battle a fire at a vacant home in the Bronx on Dec. 25, 2018. (PIX11)

FDNY confirms they responded to reports of a fire at 7:10 a.m. on Tuesday.

The blaze tore through the vacant home on Southern Boulevard near Jennings Street, FDNY officials said.

PIX11 was on scene when officials took three dogs out of the building.

Dogs were injured in a Bronx fire on Dec. 25, 2018. (PIX11)

All appeared injured, including one that suffered extreme burns to its face.

The dogs were walking when they were put into an NYPD van.

There are no other known injuries.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.