To enter, watch Blackish at 7 pm ET & 7:30 pm ET on WPIX & watch for one code word in each show.
Text the code word to 77944 or enter code word online at PIX11.com by 11:59 pm on day code word is announced.
Entrants will be sent a text message to confirm or reject entry into the Sweepstakes.
Msg & data rates may apply. Text STOP 2 stop & HELP 4 help. 1 winner each day wins $360 Home Chef gift card. Odds depend on # of elig. entries each day.
PIX11 Dinner with the Johnsons Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
- ELIGIBILITY: You must, at the time of entry, be 18 years of age or older and a permanent, legal U.S. resident or a U.S. citizen residing in NY, NJ, CT and within the New York Designated Market Area (“DMA”) as defined by The Nielsen Company. The PIX11 Dinner with the Johnsons sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is not open to employees of Sponsor, The Walt Disney Company, or those employees’ immediate family members. Employees and their immediate family members of any of Sponsor’s affiliated companies, and of any of this Sweepstakes’ advertising or promotional agencies are also ineligible. For purposes of this Sweepstakes, “immediate family members” means grandparents, parents, siblings, spouse, and children (including stepchildren) and their spouses. This Sweepstakes is void where prohibited and outside the eligibility area set forth above.
- TO ENTER: Sweepstakes begins Monday, October 29, 2018 at or around 7:00 p.m. ET and runs through Friday, November 2, 2018 at or around 11:59 p.m. ET (“Sweepstakes Period”). To enter, watch Black▪ish (the “Show”) weekdays from 7-7:30 p.m. ET and from 7:30-8 p.m. ET during the Sweepstakes Period on WPIX. A different code word (the “Code Word”) will be displayed on screen each day during each Show for a total of two Code Words per day.
- Enter via Text-Message: Using the text messaging feature on your cellular telephone, send a text message to 77944 with the Code Word in the body of the message. Entrants must text the correct Code Word as displayed in that day’s Show. Entrants will be sent a text message to confirm or reject entry into the Sweepstakes. If you enter by text messaging, you must have a valid mobile telephone number and a text messaging two-way capable handset. Message and data rates may apply. Text messaging and wireless services are not available in all areas. Text STOP to stop and HELP for help. If any dispute arises as to the identity of any text entrant, the entrant will be considered the authorized account holder. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned a number by the cellular provider or as shown on the cellular provider’s records or the natural person authorized to use the number by an entity that is shown on the cellular provider’s records for that number. Only entries to the designated number and containing the correct Code Word will be eligible.
- Enter Online: Log onto PIX11.com and follow the Sweepstakes link(s) until reaching the entry page. Accurately complete the entry form, including the correct Code Word, your name, age, valid email address, and telephone or mobile phone number. Online entries containing attachments, or generated by a script, macro or other automated means will be disqualified. Online entrants must use their own name. Copies or other mechanical reproductions, facsimiles, entries containing technical or electronic reproductions, and entries containing attached files are not eligible and will be rejected if discovered by Sponsor. If any dispute arises as to the identity of any online entrant, the entrant will be considered the individual to whom the entry’s email address is assigned, as shown on the email service provider’s records. Only entries to the designated website and containing the correct Code Word will be eligible.
- Restrictions: Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any entry at any time which in Sponsor’s opinion does not comply with these Official Rules. By entering, entrants agree to be bound by and comply with these Official Rules. Limit one entry per person per Code Word, for a total of up to two entries per day. Entries in excess of this limit will be disqualified if discovered by Sponsor. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, incomplete, damaged, illegible, late, or misdirected entries, or for errors in mechanical transmission, unavailability of phone lines or connections, cellular phone service, or any other technical malfunctions or inability to transmit messages or entries. Sponsor reserves the right to delay the announcement of the Code Word if breaking news or other unanticipated events prevent the Code Word announcement from occurring as scheduled. If such changes occur, they will be posted on PIX11.com.
- WINNER SELECTION, VERIFICATION AND NOTIFICATION: After each day of the Sweepstakes Period, one winner will be randomly drawn from the eligible entries for that day. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries for each day’s drawing. Entries will not carry over from one day to the next. Sponsor will attempt to notify potential winner by telephone and email. A potential winner will be disqualified if: (a) a potential winner does not fulfill the eligibility requirements; (b) a potential winner does not respond within 48 hours of initial notification attempt; (c) a potential winner does not adhere to the Official Rules; and/or (d) a potential winner does not sign and return any required documents or provide required information by deadlines set by Sponsor. If a potential winner is disqualified, Sponsor may select an alternate winner by random drawing from remaining eligible entries for that drawing, time permitting.
- PRIZES & PRIZE RESTRICTIONS: There is one prize per day for a total of five prizes. Each winner will receive a $360 Home Chef gift card. Prize is nontransferable. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of comparable value. Gift card subject to terms and conditions thereon. Unclaimed prize will be forfeited, and no alternate winner will be selected. Winner is responsible for all taxes on prize. All properly claimed prizes will be awarded, but in no event will Sponsor award more prizes than are provided for in these Official Rules.
- CONDITIONS & RESTRICTIONS: Winner may be required to execute and return an affidavit of eligibility and release of liability and, if so, must do so prior to receiving the prize. Winner must also send a valid photo ID and may be required to send a completed W9 form by no later than November 9. Upon completion of prize verification, Sponsor will mail prizes to verified winners. Sponsor is not responsible for loss, delay, or damage in delivery. Entrants agree Sponsor has the sole right to decide all matters and disputes arising from this Sweepstakes and that its decision is final and binding. Except where prohibited by law, entrants agree to allow use of their name, photograph, likeness and any information provided on the entry form, in any medium of communication, including print, Internet, radio and/or television in connection with the Sweepstakes, including advertising, promotional or other purposes, by Sponsor and/or its affiliates, without additional compensation.
By entering the Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees for entrant and for entrant’s heirs, executors, and administrators (a) to release and hold harmless Sponsor, The Walt Disney Company, LLC, prize provider, and each of their respective officers, directors, and employees (collectively, “Released Parties”) from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from such entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of prize or any portion thereof; (b) to indemnify Released Parties from any and all liability resulting or arising from the Sweepstakes and to hereby acknowledge that Released Parties have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to prize; and (c) to be bound by and comply with these Official Rules and to waive any right to claim any ambiguity or error therein or in the Sweepstakes itself, and to be bound by all decisions of the Sponsor, which are binding and final. Failure to comply with these conditions may result in disqualification from the Sweepstakes at Sponsor’s sole discretion.
As a condition of entering, entrants agree: (a) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, consequential, or any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses; (b) all causes of action arising out of or related to this Sweepstakes, or prize awarded, will be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court in New York County, to which participant submits to personal jurisdiction; and (c) any and all claims, judgments, and awards will be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, excluding attorneys’ fees and court costs. Some jurisdictions do not allow for limitations on the ability to pursue class action remedies, or certain kinds of damages, and so these limitations may not apply to you. This Sweepstakes will be governed and enforced pursuant to the law of the state of New York, excluding choice of law provisions.
Sponsor reserves the right to prohibit any entrant from participating in the Sweepstakes if, at its sole discretion, Sponsor finds such entrant to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes, or if such entrant shows a disregard for, or attempts to circumvent, these Official Rules, or acts: (a) in a manner the Sponsor determines to be not fair or equitable; (b) in an annoying, threatening, or harassing manner; or (c) in any other disruptive manner. Sponsor assumes no liability for (a) any incorrect or inaccurate entry information; or (b) any unauthorized access to, or theft, destruction or alteration of entries at any point in the operation of this Sweepstakes. If a dispute arises regarding compliance with these Official Rules, Sponsor may consider, in its sole discretion, data reasonably available to Sponsor through information technology systems in Sponsor’s control, but Sponsor will not be obligated to consider any data or other information collected from any other source. Neither the failure of Sponsor to insist upon or enforce strict performance of any provision of these Official Rules nor the failure, delay or omission by Sponsor in exercising any right with respect to any term of these Official Rules, will be construed as a waiver or relinquishment to any extent of Sponsor’s right to assert or rely upon any such provision or right in that or any other instance. If there is any conflict between any term of these Official Rules and any of the entry or marketing materials used in connection with the Sweepstakes, the terms of the Official Rules will govern.
- TERMINATION: If for any reason, this Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, tampering, fraud, technical failure, or any other cause that corrupts or threatens the administration, security or integrity of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate or suspend the Sweepstakes or any portion of the Sweepstakes. If Sponsor terminates the Sweepstakes, it will award the prize for the day in progress at the time of termination by random drawing from among eligible, non-suspect entries received as of the termination and will not award remaining prizes. If Sponsor does so, it will post notice on the official Sweepstakes website and announce the termination during the Show and on the Sweepstakes website.
- WINNERS LIST: For the winners list, send a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: Winners List, PIX11 Dinner with the Johnsons Sweepstakes, WPIX-TV, 220 East 42nd Street, 10th floor, New York, NY 10017 by no later than December 19, 2018.
- SPONSOR: WPIX-TV, 220 East 42nd Street, 10th floor, New York, NY 10017
The Walt Disney Company is not a sponsor of the Sweepstakes and is not involved in the administration of the Sweepstakes in any way.