Manhole catches fire in Rego Park

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

REGO PARK, Queens — A manhole caught on fire in Queens Friday morning.

Fire officials received reports about a manhole fire along 63rd Drive and 99th Street in Rego Park at about 6 a.m.

No injuries were reported at this time.

Fire and heavy smoke can be seen coming from the ground.

The manhole fire occurred just blocks away from the Rego Park Center shopping area.

Expect road closures and delays in the nearby area.

AlertMe
Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.