The National Weather Service has issued a Flash Flood Warning for the following areas until 6 p.m. Friday evening as strong thunderstorms move through the region.
The counties under warning are:
- Hudson County in northeastern New Jersey.
- Union County in northeastern New Jersey
- Southern Essex County in northeastern New Jersey
- Richmond County (Staten Island) in southeastern New York
- Kings County (Brooklyn) in southeastern New York
- New York (Manhattan) County in southeastern New York
At 4:24 P.M., Doppler radar indicated thunderstorms producing
heavy rain across the warned area. Flash flooding is expected to
Some locations that will experience flooding include. Newark, Jersey City, Elizabeth, Flatbush, Bayonne, Hoboken, Linden, Orange, Coney Island, Summit, Millburn, Secaucus, Harrison, Todt Hill and Crown Heights.AlertMe