MANHATTAN -- Three men are wanted after allegedly breaking into hotel and gym lockers and stealing luxury watches, one valued up to $25,000.
“I never really think about it. The lockers all have individual codes so I figured my stuff was safe,” said one man who just left the gym.
The watches were stolen at gyms and high-end hotels from Wall Street to Midtown, including Equinox, The Peninsula, Parker New York and New York Health and Racquet Club.
The thieves are wanted in connection to the following incidents:
- The first incident occurred shortly after 4:30 p.m. on Thursday, May 3 inside Parker New York Hotel, located at 119 West 56th St. A man reported his Rolex watch and wedding band missing, together valued at $10,200.
- The second incident occurred on Saturday, May 5 shortly after 5 p.m. inside Parker New York Hotel, located at 119 West 56th St. A man reported his $8,000 Rolex watch missing from his locker.
- The third incident occurred Monday, May 7 at approximately 6 p.m. inside Equinox Gym at 14 Wall St., Two men reported a Rolex watch missing, valued at $7,000 and a TAG Heuer watch missing, valued at $1,750.
- The fourth incident occurred on Thursday, May 17 at approximately 5 p.m. inside Peninsula New York Hotel, located at 700 Fifth Ave. A man reported his Patek Philippe watch, valued at $25,000, missing from his locker.
- The fifth incident occurred on Thursday, May 17 at approximately 6:15 p.m. inside Peninsula New York Hotel, located at 700 Fifth Avenue. A man reported his $2,700 TAG Heuer watch missing from his locker.
- The sixth incident occurred on Monday, June 4 at approximately 7 p.m. inside New York Health and Racquet Club, located at 270 Park Ave. Two men reported their Rolex watches missing, together valued at $20,000.
- The seventh incident occurred on Tuesday, June 19 at approximately 5:15 p.m. inside Equinox Gym, located at 1633 Broadway. A man reported his $24,300 Audemars Piguet watch missing from his locker.
The first suspect was last seen wearing a multi-colored shirt.
The second suspect was last seen wearing glasses, a white button-down shirt and khaki pants.
The third suspect was last seen wearing a black t-shirt.
Submit tips to police by calling Crime Stoppers at 1-800-577-TIPS (8477), visiting www.nypdcrimestoppers.com, or texting 274637 (CRIMES) then entering TIP577. Spanish-speaking callers are asked to dial 1-888-57-PISTA (74782).