NEW YORK — Uninsured and underinsured New Yorkers will be eligible for free flu shots under a new collaboration between the Health Department and Walgreens.
The Monday announcement comes as the city continues to see elevated influenza rates. Flu shot vouchers will be available at 11 locations throughout the city.
“Our surveillance has shown that influenza activity remains elevated throughout the city, and expanding access to this potentially life-saving vaccine is one more step we can take to ensure New Yorkers remain healthy,” Health Commissioner Dr. Mary Bassett said. “The flu shot remains the safest and most effective way to protect yourself and your neighbors from the influenza virus. Flu season is not over, and I urge New Yorkers to get vaccinated as soon as possible.”
Walgreens will be offering 1,000 flu shots at the following 11 locations:
- Duane Reade: 58 E. Fordham Rd., Bronx, NY 10468-5441
- Walgreens: 666 Courtlandt Ave., Frnt. 3, Bronx, NY 10451-5018
- Walgreens: 3085 E. Tremont Ave., Bronx, NY 10461-5720
- Duane Reade: 724 Flatbush Ave., Brooklyn, NY 11226-1404
- Walgreens: 1366 Broadway, Brooklyn, NY 11221-3615
- Walgreens: 3000 Church Ave., Brooklyn, NY 11226-4210
- Duane Reade: 617 W. 181st St., Frnt. 5, New York, NY 10033-4937
- Duane Reade: 568 W. 125th St., New York, NY 10027-3407
- Duane Reade: 136-02 Roosevelt Ave., Flushing, NY 11354-5510
- Walgreens: 159-34 Jamaica Ave., Jamaica, NY 11432-6001
- Duane Reade: 630 Forest Ave., Staten Island, NY 10310-2516
For more information, head here.