LONG ISLAND — Leaders on Long Island are organizing donation drives for the victims of a powerful 7.1 magnitude earthquake that struck Mexico earlier this week, killing hundreds and devastating many areas.
Donations can be brought to the following places:
- Adelante of Suffolk County in Central Islip
- Smithtown Nissan in St. James
- Little Mexico Restaurant in Centereach
- Flanders Ambulance in Flanders
- Fine Fairs Supermarket in Copiague
- St. Rosaria Church in Hampton Bays
- Ultimate Sweat Zone in Brentwood
- C Town Supermarket in Amityville
More locations are expected to join the list.
Organizers are asking for monetary donations plus boxes, medical gauze, medical tape, cotton, peroxide, latex and construction gloves, face masks, tooth brushes, garbage bags, toothpaste, hand sanitizer, toilet paper, blankets and pillows, batteries, flashlights, feminine napkins, baby formula and bottles, diapers wipes, non-perishable food and pet food.
Volunteers able to go to Mexico are also needed. To volunteer, contact Adelante of Suffolk County.