Millions across a string of islands, Florida and Georgia need help in the aftermath of Hurricane Irma.
Irma, now a tropical storm, is headed to Georgia and other southern states.
People in all of these areas need help. Here’s what you can do:
- Donate to Global Giving
- Donate on GoFundMe through a Direct Impact Fund
- Donate to a Barbuda Relief Fund on GoFundMe
- Donate to Unicef, which is focused on helping children affected by the hurricane
- Donate to the Red Cross
- Donate to the Salvation Army
- Volunteer with the National Voluntary Organizations Active in Disaster
- Volunteer with the American Red Cross
- Register with Volunteer Florida
- Sign up on Habitat for Humanity‘s Hurricane Recovery Volunteer Registry or make a donation
- Donate to Feeding Florida
- Donate to Americares
- Make your home open to others through Airbnb
This list will be updated as new organizations step in to help in impacted areas.