Man arrested in sexual assaults of four women in Brooklyn

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

BROOKLYN— Police have arrested a Bronx man in connection with a string of sexual assaults over four hours in Brooklyn earlier this month.

Dennis Ofuoma, 19, of 2041 Washington Ave., has been arrested in the four attacks in Crown Heights that began late July 12 and continued into the next morning.

He has been charged with burglary, harassment, sex abuse, and sexually motivated burglary.

New video has been released this weekend showing the suspect. The suspect turned himself in to police after a tip was called into CrimeStoppers.

In the first incident, he followed a woman, 22, to her apartment near Pacific Street and Nostrand Avenue around 11:45 p.m., Wednesday, July 12, police said.

He put his hand over the victim's mouth, pressed her against the hallway wall, touched her genitals and demanded sex, according to police. The woman screamed and fought back, prompting the man to flee.

More than an hour later, around 1 a.m. Thursday, police said the same man followed a woman, 29, to her apartment near St. Marks and New York avenues and pushed her inside when she opened the door.

Again he placed his hand over the victim's mouth, but also wrapped his other arm around her body, police said. The woman fought back, and the perpetrator ran off.

In his third attack of the night, the assailant allegedly claimed to be armed.

Around 2 a.m., police said he followed a woman, 22, to her apartment near Albany Avenue and Sterling Place, and pushed her inside once she opened the door.

He placed his hand over her mouth, dragged her the  to the floor, touched her genitals and told her he had a knife and would kill he if she was not quiet, police said.

The woman fought back, hitting him in the groin, and he fled.

In the last attack, police said he returned to a building near the first assault, at  Pacific Street and Nostrand Avenue.

A woman, 32, was followed into an elevator, police said. Once it stopped and she stepped off, police said he put his hand over her mouth and attempted to pull her down to the floor, but she screamed, punched and kicked, prompting him to again run off.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.