Residents evacuated from UWS building after high levels of carbon monoxide detected: FDNY

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

UPPER WEST SIDE, Manhattan – Residents living in an Upper West Side building were evacuated after high levels of carbon monoxide were detected inside Saturday evening, FDNY said.

FDNY said they received a call around 6 p.m. at 344 W. 87th St. about carbon monoxide.

Fire officials say eight people were evacuated and crews are working to ventilate the building.

AlertMe
Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.