MANHATTAN – Surveillance video from inside the Central Cellars wine shop in Grand Central station showed the moment an electronic cigarette exploded in an employee’s pocket Wednesday morning.
Byron Gonzalez witnessed the explosion.
“There were sparks everywhere and panic and mayhem,” he said. “He’s in the hospital right now with third degree burns.”
“I saw fireworks, I felt the heat,” Jonathan Lee said. “I think these e-cigarettes should be looked at a little bit more carefully.”
Shop owners said the hurt employee underwent surgery Wednesday afternoon and is expected to be out of work for at least a month.AlertMe