NEW YORK — With the start of November comes the inevitable roll out of Black Friday-related sales, deals and extended hours — or, in the case of dozens of stores, lack of hours.
More than 50 national retailers will be closed on Thanksgiving, a day when increasingly more stores are open to accomodate the Black Friday rush of shoppers freshly stuffed with turkey and pumpkin pie.
According to Best Black Friday, these stores will be closed on Thanksgiving, as of Tuesday:
- A.C. Moore (Allow employees to spend time with family)
- Academy Sports + Outdoors
- American Girl
- AT&T (Customer Service Closed; Select Retail Locations Closed)
- Barnes & Noble (Allow booksellers to spend time with family)
- Bed Bath & Beyond (Select Locations)
- BJ’s Wholesale Club
- Blain’s Farm & Fleet (Allow employees to enjoy the holiday with their families)
- Burlington (Allow employees to spend time with family)
- Cabela’s (Retail closed; Call Centers Open)
- Chico’s – All frontline boutiques
- Christmas Tree Shops (Select Locations)
- Crate and Barrel
- Dillard’s (Allow employees to spend time with family)
- GameStop (5 a.m. Black Friday opening)
- Gardner-White Furniture (8 a.m. Black Friday opening)
- Guitar Center
- Half Price Books
- Harbor Freight
- Hobby Lobby
- Home Depot
- HomeGoods (Allow employees to spend time with family)
- Jo-Ann Fabric & Craft Stores
- Jos. A. Bank
- Mall of America
- Marshalls (Allow employees to spend time with family)
- Mattress Firm
- Mills Fleet Farm (Allow employees to spend the holiday with family and friends)
- Navy Exchange
- Neiman Marcus
- Nordstrom (non-store employees working )
- Nordstrom Rack
- Office Depot and OfficeMax
- The Original Mattress Factory
- Outdoor Research
- P.C. Richard & Son
- Pier 1 Imports (Allow employees to spend time with family)
- Raymour and Flanigan Furniture (8 a.m. Black Friday opening)
- Sam’s Club
- Sierra Trading Post
- The Container Store
- T.J. Maxx (Allow employees to spend time with family)
- Tractor Supply
- Von Maur (9 a.m. Black Friday opening)
Best Black Friday reports Outdoor Research and REI are taking the unusual step of closing the day after Thanksgiving.
While dozens of stores vow to keep their doors closed, Amazon took a decidedly different route to ushering in the holiday shopping season. The online retailer revealed its deals on Tuesday — the day after Halloween and a whopping 24 days before Black Friday.
And other major retailers — like Walmart and Macy’s — are bracing for huge crowds.
Walmart says it will deploy “holiday helpers” starting this week to help customers get through the checkout lines.
Macy’s says it will open earlier than ever this year, starting sales at 5 p.m. on Thanksgiving Day and staying open until 2 a.m. The stores will close for four hours then reopen at 6 a.m. on Black Friday.
CNN contributed to this report.AlertMe