Back with PIX11 is The Cosmopolitan Cook, Ragan Oglesby, author of “The Single Girl's Guide to Great Cooking.” She brought another incredibly yummy dish, Skillet Peach Cobbler, A Southern comfort dessert. This is a perfect dish for those end of the summer picnics.
Skillet Peach Cobbler
(Will be served in individual skillets)
1 1⁄2 cups self-rising flour 2 cups sugar
1 1⁄2 cups whole milk
1 teaspoon of cinnamon 1 teaspoon of vanilla
1 stick of butter, melted
1 (28 ounce) can sliced cling peaches
• Preheat oven to 350 degrees
• Mix self-rising flour, sugar and cinnamon in a bowl. Stir milk andvanilla into the flour mixture.
• In a cast iron skillet melt butter. Pour batter mixture over melted butter.
• Layer peaches over batter with heavy syrup. Batter will rise and bake over peaches.
• Bake in preheated oven until peaches are bubbly and crust is crispy around the edges and golden brown, 50 to 60 minutes. Serve with ice cream