Former Mayor Rudy Giuliani seems to forget 9/11, claims no terror attacks before Obama

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio — Former Mayor Rudy Giuliani, who led New York City through the Sept. 11 terror attacks in 2001, appeared to forget about the attack during a Monday speech, claiming there had been no radical Islamic terror attacks in the U.S. before Obama.

Giuliani made the comments while introducing Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump at an Ohio campaign event.

"Before Obama came along, we didn’t have any successful radical Islamic terrorist attacks in the United States," Giuliani said. "They all started when Clinton and Obama got into office."

The 9/11 attacks took place during the tenure of President George Bush, years before Obama became president in 2009.

Giuliani's comments appear to be an accident as, earlier in his speech, he referenced 9/11, when nearly 3,000 people died, as the worst foreign attack in American history since the War of 1812.

"We must never forget what we witnessed on that day, both the incomprehensible face of pure evil and the depth of love and compassion," Giuliani said on the 10th anniversary of the attacks.

His comments Monday outraged people on Twitter.

Many users suggested Giuliani might have a head injury and should get and MRI.

PIX11 has reached out Giuliani for comment.