Several arrested at Union Square rally for man killed by off-duty NYPD cop in Brooklyn road rage incident

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

UNION SQUARE, Manhattan -- Several protesters were arrested in Union Square Saturday night at a march for a man who was killed by an off-duty NYPD officer in a road rage incident earlier this week in Brooklyn.

Hundreds gathered by City Hall near the Brooklyn Bridge, carrying signs saying Black Lives Matter, No Allegiance to White Supremacy and We See Another Black Man Dead.

"My uncle was killed in cold blood," Zayanahla Vines told PIX11.

The march was organized by the family of Delrawn Small who was shot dead by an off-duty police officer in a road rage incident in East New York early Monday morning.

"I'm very very upset," Shashonda Vines, Delray's aunt, said through tears. "I know everybody has their issues but the police shouldn't have killed him."

(Photo: PIX11 News)

(Photo: PIX11 News)

It was about 12 a.m. when the off-duty officer, who was driving his Nissan Altima east on Atlantic Avenue, engaged in an argument with another driver in Cypress Hills. Soon after, both men stopped their vehicles at a red light on Bradford Street.

Police say Small began to repeatedly punch off-duty police officer Wayne Isaacs in the head.

Small's family says surveillance video tells a different story.

"My uncle is seen walking to the car and he is killed in point bank range," Zayanahla Vines told PIX11. "He must have had the gun locked loaded and ready to kill my uncle."

In that video, Small is shot just seconds after walking up to the window of Officer Wayne Isaac -- which would conflict with accounts that Small repeatedly punched Isaac before being shot.

The video is being reviewed.

From city hall, marchers walked in silence to Union Square.

Isaacs has been placed on administrative duty.

At the time of the shooting. Isaacs was on his way home after a shift at the 79 precinct in bed Stuy.

Both the NYPD and the state attorney general have launched investigations.

"I don't think justice will be served the way we want it served," the nephew of Small told PIX11.

Once the the demonstrators arrived in union square several were arrested for blocking traffic on 14th street.

In a statement, the attorney general's office said:

"Members of the Attorney General's Special Investigations and Prosecutions Unit are in contact with the NYPD, the victim's family, and community leaders. SIPU has a search warrant for the officer's car and is actively reviewing the case."

(Photo: Jess Hardie/@jesshardie)

(Photo: Jess Hardie/@jesshardie)