New Yorkers want spelling of Verrazano-Narrows Bridge fixed

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

It's called the Verrazano-Narrows Bridge.

And it's named after Giovanni da Verrazzano, an explorer who traveled into New York Harbor and the North American East Coast in the 1520s.

This story does not need a spell check. But Robert Nash of Dyker Heights, Brooklyn says the signs for the bridge do need a correction.

He wants the state and MTA to fix the signs to reflect the spelling of the explorer's name.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.