Got a Roku, Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV or Android TV? Get PIX11 content there now!

Family celebrating Passover hospitalized for carbon monoxide exposure in New Rochelle: police

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. — 15 family members celebrating Passover were hospitalized for carbon monoxide exposure.

15 extended family members were gathered at a home at 1066 North Avenue to celebrate Passover, New Rochelle Police said.

The New Rochelle Fire Department and ambulance discovered the family had elevated levels of toxic carbon monoxide.

All 15 were transported to local hospitals.

The carbon monoxide detector was activated in the home and the source of the poisonous gas is still unknown, police said.