Power restored in Rochdale Village after generator fire

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

JAMAICA, Queens — Power has been restored to a Queens apartment complex after a generator that supplies power to the area caught fire.

The fire broke out around 3:30 p.m., in an outside generator at Rochdale Village, located at Bedell Street and 133rd Avenue in Jamaica.

Firefighters say by 6 p.m., power had been restored to the buildings.

Officials strategize outside Rochdale Village in Jamaica, Queens, where a power generator caught fire, cutting electricity to residents there on April 20, 2016. (Photo: NYPD 113th Precinct)

Officials strategize outside Rochdale Village in Jamaica, Queens, where a power generator caught fire, cutting electricity to residents there on April 20, 2016. (Photo: NYPD 113th Precinct)

All 60 elevators in the 20 buildings will have to be individually powered back up. Until then, residents will have to use the stairs.

Fifty gallons of fuel spilled from the generator that caught fire. The FDNY HazMat team is cleaning it up.

No injuries have been reported.

Google Map for coordinates 40.676550 by -73.768373.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.