April is Financial Literacy Month. It's also a great month for all sorts of deals including Tax Day freebies. Personal finance expert Vera Gibbons has the deals to look forward to.
Here are some Tax Day freebies you can get on Monday:
- Great American Cookies: Grab a free chocolate chip cookie at a local store.
- Hard Rock Cafe: The restaurant is asking its customers to lay down their wallets and pic up the mics. Earn a free legendary burger when you sing a song on stage at one of the locations.
- Noodles & Company: Get a free kids meal when you order any regular entree.
- Tony Roma's: Enjoy a free slice of red velvet cake when you dine at the restaurant.
- Planet Fitness: Relax with a coupon to a complimentary HydroMassage.
- Outback Steakhouse: Take 15 percent off on your entire check.
- Boston Market: Enjoy half of a chicken, two sides, cornbread, a regular beverage and a cookie for just $10.40.
Other April deals:
- Carvel: Free Cone Day for the ice cream chain is on Thursday. Head over to a store between 3 to 8 p.m. for a free junior soft serve cone.
- April is National Car Care Month. Get routine maintenance, repairs and services done before May 1.
- Go shopping for spring clothing. Stores usually release their spring clothing lines in February, but it usually takes two months before sales begin. See what's on sale at your favorite store.
- April isn't the typical vacation month, so cruises and flights are cheaper than summer months.