Believe it or not, tax season is just around the corner and the best time to organize your finances and activities is before the start of the new year.
Lauren Lyons, personal finance editor of "International Business Times," gave year-end tax tips to follow.
Here are a few tips she gave:
- Make another contribution to your retirement account.
For newlyweds or new parents:
- Apply for a social security number for your baby.
- Donate your wedding gown.
- Check with your wedding venue.
For caretakers or people who volunteer:
- Keep track of volunteer activities, including purchased food and mileage.
For freelancers or people who have a part-time job:
- Take advantage of holiday sales.
- Buy a new car if you drive.
- Budget, organize finances.