From the start of the 2016 presidential election campaign and the Black Lives Matter movement to ISIS, 2015 was a big year in politics.
To wrap up this year's political stories, Iona college political science professor Jeanne Zaino and political commentator Leticia Remauro talked about the top domestic and foreign issues that dominated the news in 2015.
International political topics:
- Fight against terrorism and ISIS (The San Bernardino shooting, Paris attacks)
- Legalization gay marriage across the U.S.
- Mass shootings and gun control.
- 2016 presidential campaign, the year of outsiders/anti-establishment (Trump, Sanders...)
- Boehner's early exit from Congress.
- Obama big deals — Iran nuke, Global warming, TPP
- Police community relations and Black Lives Matter movement.
Local political topics:
- Pope's visit to Philadelphia, New York City and Washington, D.C.
- Governor Andrew Cuomo versus Mayor Bill de Blasio.
- The end of May Bill de Blasio's second year as New York's mayor.