Leftover pies can be made into a completely new dessert for everyone to enjoy post-holiday. Lorin Cook, Marie Callender's "Pie Queen," has leftover pie tricks that will make anyone's mouth water.
Here are the recipes for cinnamon roll waffles topped with pie filling and pie-infused French toast using left-over pie.
Pumpkin Pie Cinnamon Roll Waffles:
- Preheat waffle iron to a low heat.
- As the waffle iron is heating up, separate store bought refrigerated cinnamon rolls on a plate.
- Spray the waffle iron generously with PAM.
- Place the individual cinnamon rolls in each waffle slot. Close the waffle iron lid and press down lightly and let cook for two and a half to three minutes.
- Carefully use spatula to remove the cinnamon rolls and place them on a plate.
- Scoop Marie Callender’s Pumpkin Pie filling from leftover holiday pie.
- Spread 2-3 tablespoons of pumpkin pie filling on each cinnamon roll.
- Finish by adding the included icing pack over the top of the warm cinnamon rolls.
Pumpkin Pie French Toast:
- Prepare your favorite French toast as usual using thick slices of bread.
- As the French toast is cooking, scoop the filling out of a Marie Callender’s leftover pie.
- Remove French toast from the pan and spread the pie filling on top of a slice of French toast.
- Top the filling within an additional slide of French toast.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar and fresh fruit for garnish.