FOREST HILLS, Queens – Police released an extended look at the man suspected of setting at least seven homes in Forest Hills on fire.
Newly released surveillance video shows the firebug, with his face covered and wearing gloves, walking in the vicinity of his November 8 incident (see below) at 112th Street and 68th Drive about 7:20 p.m., police said. It also appears that he removes a firearm from his left ankle and then transfers it to his front right pocket.
The suspect is wanted for the following arsons:
- At approximately 10:27 p.m. pm Tuesday, October 20 at 70-35 113th Street.
- At approximately 7:30 p.m. on Sunday, November 8 at 68-60 112th Street.
- At approximately 8:10 p.m. on Tuesday, November 10 at 108-13 67th Road.
- At approximately 10:10 p.m. on Sunday, November 15 at 112-35 69th Road.
- At approximately 6:30 p.m. on Tuesday, November 17 at 108-43 66th Avenue.
- At approximately 11:12 p.m. pm Wednesday, November 25 at 108-43 66th Avenue.
- At approximately 12:18 a.m. on Sunday, December 112-35 69th Road.
Members of the large Bukharian Jewish community have been building bigger, more lavish houses, leading some to suspect they're being targeted.
"All of a sudden another one goes and they build big houses and people don't agree with what they're doing," another resident said.
Resident and community leaders held a meeting Tuesday afternoon condemning the arson attacks. A $62,000 is being offered by the community in order to catch the culprit.
Submit tips to police by calling Crime Stoppers at 1-800-577-TIPS (8477), visiting www.nypdcrimestoppers.com, or texting 274637 (CRIMES) then entering TIP577.AlertMe