MOUNT OLIVE TOWNSHIP, N.J. — Workers have shut off a leaking gas line which caused the evacuation of a nearby school in Morris County.
A vehicle hit the gas line off Wolfe Road in Mount Olive Township just before 9 a.m. Monday. There was no explosion, but gas fumes needed to be vented from the school.
Mayor Rob Greenbaum posted on Facebook that middle school students were taken to the high school as a precaution.
Children who attend Mount Olive Childcare were taken to town hall, where parents were asked to pick them up.
The school is expected to reopen on Tuesday.