7-year-old New Jersey boy suffers 2nd degree burns after Halloween costume catches fire

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

GLOUCESTER COUNTY, N.J. — A New Jersey boy was rushed to the hospital Saturday night after his Halloween costume caught fire, county emergency officials told NBC10 in Philadelphia.

Police say the 7-year-old walked by a candle at a home along the 900 block of Stockton Drive in the Harrison Township around 3:30 p.m.when his costume went up in flames.

The boy was taken to Crozer Chester Medical Center’s Burn Unit in Chester, Pennsylvania for treatment.

Officials say he suffered 2nd degree burns to his chest and neck..

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.