Workers overcome by carbon monoxide while cleaning tennis center in New Jersey

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

MORRIS TOWNSHIP, N.J. — Three workers were rushed to a hospital after they were overcome by carbon monoxide Thursday in Morris Township, authorities said.

It happened at 65 Columbia Road, which houses both the Twin Oaks Tennis and Fitness Center and the Twin Oaks Hockey Rink, police said. Investigators believe the noxious gas given off by power equipment made the trio sick.

The group was cleaning a bathroom inside the tennis center when one became unconscious and two others started to have trouble breathing, police said. They were using a power washer inside the bathroom and it is believed carbon monoxide produced by the gasoline-powered tool overcame them.

The workers were taken to a hospital with injuries that are not considered life-threatening, police said.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.