Sandra Lee says she is cancer free after double mastectomy

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

ALBANY, N.Y. — Celebrity chef Sandra Lee says she is cancer free and feeling good months after a double mastectomy.

The 49-year-old Food Network star shared the news Tuesday morning on ABC's "Good Morning America."

Lee was hospitalized last month and had to have additional surgery after struggling with infection following her original operation in May.

She made her first public appearance since then on Sunday, when she walked the red carpet at the Primetime Emmy Awards in Los Angeles.

LOS ANGELES, CA - SEPTEMBER 20: Chef Sandra Lee attends the 67th Annual Primetime Emmy Awards at Microsoft Theater on September 20, 2015 in Los Angeles, California. (Photo by Frazer Harrison/Getty Images)

Chef Sandra Lee attends the 67th Annual Primetime Emmy Awards at Microsoft Theater on Sept. 20, 2015 in Los Angeles, Calif. (Photo by Frazer Harrison/Getty Images)

Lee says she will wait until next year to decide whether to undergo reconstructive surgery.

Lee is also a cookbook author and magazine publisher. She is the longtime partner of New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo. The couple shares a home in Westchester County.