Happy National Dog Day!
Whether you have a dog, a puppy or more than one furry friend, today is all about man's best friend.
What better way to celebrate than with these tips on how to make your dog feel extra special.
Pet Lady Dana Humphrey and King Tut the Pomeranian are on set at 6:50 a.m. with these great tips:
Things you can do for dogs even if you don't own one:
- Donate blankets, food, and toys to animal welfare organizations
- write to a congressman to ask that he or she support the ban of puppy mills in your state
- assist an ill or elderly neighbor by walking their dog
- Adopt a dog
Things to do for your own pup:
- Explore a new place to walk
- Teach a new trick
- Buy new toys, a collar or leash
- Take photos of your dog and frame them
- Host a doggie date
Companies offering specials for National Dog Day:
- 1-800-Flowers.com offering 10% off dog shaped flower arrangements
- Petco in Park Slope offering dogs a free treat and outdoor pet cafe
- National Dog Day photo contest, winner gets special mention, goodie box, t-shirt and poster