‘I will always…love you’: Nick Gordon breaks silence about Bobbi Kristina Brown

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

ATLANTA — For the first time since Bobbi Kristina Brown's family accused him of beating the young woman so severely she ultimately died, the boyfriend of the late daughter of Whitney Houston and Bobby Brown broke his silence.

Nick Gordon used Twitter to express his sentiments. His tweet was protected but multiple media outlets quote him as saying:

"I look at our pics sometimes it makes me smile sometime I cry @REALbkBrown #happymemories I'm so happy/blessed that I had @REALbkBrown in my life. i will always & forever love you."

It's Gordon's first post since Brown's family filed a multimillion-dollar wrongful death lawsuit against him, alleging he is responsible for the injuries that led to the 22-year-old's death last month.

The lawsuit filed Aug. 7 alleges Gordon, who shared a townhome with Brown in the Atlanta suburb of Roswell, beat her after an argument on the morning of January 31, then gave her a "toxic cocktail" to knock her out.

It accuses him of placing her face-down in a bathtub of cold water, causing her to suffer brain damage.

The suit seeks at least $10 million.

Brown, the only child of the late Whitney Houston and singer Bobby Brown, was rushed to the hospital after the incident in January and placed in a medically induced coma. She died in hospice care late last month.

Gordon has never been charged in relation to Brown's death, and his legal team says the suit is "slanderous and meritless."

"Nick has been heartbroken and destroyed over the loss of his love and it's shameful that such baseless allegations have been presented publicly," Joe Habachy and Jose Baez said in a statement. "Nick has engaged civil counsel and intends to defend the lawsuit vigorously and expose it for what it is: a fictitious assault against the person who loved Krissy most."

Speculation about Brown's injuries began soon after she was hospitalized. Daphne Barak, a friend of Brown, said in February that police had questioned Gordon about bruises on Brown's chest. Barak said Gordon told her they were a result of him performing CPR.

Gordon was not allowed to visit Brown in the hospital, and he did not attend her funeral.

The initial portion of Brown's autopsy did not show an "obvious underlying cause of death" and noted no significant injuries, the Fulton County Medical Examiner said. But it noted the long passage of time between the Jan. 31 incident and Brown's death will make it difficult to determine what happened.

"We do not plan to complete the death certificate or determine a cause and manner of death until all test results are completed and all investigative, medical and other documentary records are received and thoroughly reviewed," the medical examiner said in a statement.

Brown was buried in New Jersey, next to her mother.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.