FOXBOROUGH, Mass. – Tom Brady said he is “disappointed” with NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell decision to uphold the four-game suspension.
In a detailed Facebook post Wednesday morning, the New England quarterback voiced his rebuttal, saying he “did nothing wrong, and no one in the Patriots organization did either.”
Despite submitting to hours of testimony over the past 6 months, it is disappointing that the Commissioner upheld my suspension based upon a standard that it was “probable” that I was “generally aware” of misconduct. The fact is that neither I, nor any equipment person, did anything of which we have been accused. He dismissed my hours of testimony and it is disappointing that he found it unreliable.
Goodell slammed a hammer on Brady Tuesday for his role in using under-inflated footfalls during New England’s rout of Indianapolis in the AFC Championship game six months ago. The NFL boss also accused the Pats player of telling an assistant to destroy his cellphone before March 6, the day he met with independent investigator Ted Wells.
He addressed the circumstances over his destroyed cellphone that factored in Goodell’s decision.
I also disagree with yesterdays narrative surrounding my cellphone. I replaced my broken Samsung phone with a new iPhone 6 AFTER my attorneys made it clear to the NFL that my actual phone device would not be subjected to investigation under ANY circumstances.
NFLPA has previously said it would challenge Goodell’s decision in court if Brady’s suspension wasn’t erased.
As of now, Brady will miss games against Dallas Cowboys, Pittsburgh Steelers, Jacksonville Jaguars and division rival Buffalo Bills. The Patriots were also fined $1 million and docked a pair of draft picks.
See his full statement below: