From camps to zoos, consumer savings expert Andrea Woroch shows how to save on summer splurges.
- Goddard Riverside Community Center
- Good Shepherd Services
- College Summer Program in Mathematical Problem Solving
- Bergen County Meadowlands Area YMCA Summer Camp, Rutherford/North Arlington
ZOOS & MUSEUMS
- Bronx Zoo & Staten Island Zoo offer Free Admission on Wednesdays
- NY Botanical Garden offers Free Admission on Wednesdays
- Brooklyn Children’s Museum offers Free Admission on Thursdays from 3 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- New York Aquarium offers “pay what you will” on Fridays from 4 p.m. to close.
- Princeton Art Museum (Princeton, N.J.) The Princeton Art Museum is free and open to the public Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Thursdays 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. and Sundays 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. Please call (609) 258-3788 for questions.
- The Cohanzik Zoo (Bridgeton, N.J.) Known as New Jersey’s first zoo, the Cohanzik Zoo is home to more than 100 animals in modern, natural habitats. The zoo is open, free to the public, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. during the summer.
- Free Summer Movies (link)
- Summer Arts in the Park (link)
- NYC’s Intrepid Museum is hosting its seventh annual Summer Movie Series with FREE feature films on the flight deck, under the stars with popular flicks like Apollo 13 on July 30th and Disney’s Wall-E on August 6th.