Fire breaks out in basement of Manhattan building

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

TURTLE BAY - Firefighters are battling a blaze in the basement of a building on Manhattan's east side Friday afternoon.

The fire started in a four-story mixed occupancy building at 214 East 49th Street.  On the first floor of the building is an upscale Italian restaurant called Da Noi.

No injuries have been reported.  It's unclear how the fire started.

This is a developing story; refresh for updates.

AlertMe
Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.