Watch Live: Mets vs. Nationals game on PIX11

Mother, daughter found dead in New Jersey home identified

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

EAST ORANGE, N.J. (PIX11) -- A young mother and her daughter were found dead in their New Jersey home Wednesday, possibly from carbon monoxide poisoning, authorities said.

The pair found lifeless at a home located at 59 Dodd St. have been identified as Octavia Campbell, 29, and her 7-year-old daughter Christina Campbell, according to the Essex County Prosecutor's Office.

Campbell's boyfriend went to the home about 8:30 a.m. after she didn't answer his calls and discovered the two, the prosecutor's office said.

A cause of death has not been determined, but officials said a gas generator was being used without proper ventilation, suggesting the pair may have died from carbon monoxide poisoning.

The Essex County Prosecutor's Office said power to the home was shut off the day before.

The home's  carbon monoxide detector was not working, Chief of Detectives Anthony F. Ambrose said.