PRINCESS ANNE, Md. (AP/PIX11) — Police say seven children and one adult, all related, have been found dead in a Maryland home.
According to Delmarva Now, officers from the Princess Anne Police Department suspect carbon monoxide poisoning as the cause of death.
Police were sent to the home Monday when a co-worker of the adult grew concerned that he had not shown up to work. When officers got to the scene, they found a gas generator in the kitchen that had run out of fuel, Delmarva Now reports. The electricity in the home was also not in service.
The juveniles ranged in age from 6 to 16. Police did not give an age for the adult or say how the deceased were all related.
The official cause of death will be determined by the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner in Baltimore. There were no signs of foul play in the incident.
News photos from the scene showed a small, single-story home with yellow siding and brown shutters, marked off with yellow police tape. A small crowd gathered in front of the home, near a police SUV.
Princess Anne is the county seat of Somerset County on Maryland’s Eastern Shore.
THIS IS A DEVELOPING STORY, CHECK BACK FOR UPDATES