Man thinks he has stroke after eating daughter’s pot brownies

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

(Photo: Thinkstock)

INDEPENDENCE TOWNSHIP, Mich. (PIX11) — A 58-year-old man was hospitalized after devouring several of his daughter’s pot brownies, according to USA Today.

Firefighters and police responded to a 911 call Wednesday reporting a medical emergency in Independence Township, Mich., about 40 miles northwest of Detroit. The man’s 17-year-old daughter admitted to baking the marijuana-laced brownies and leaving them in the kitchen to police when they arrived.

The father was taken to the hospital, while the remaining brownies were taken to a lab for analysis, police said.

The names of the father and daughter were not released. The girl will likely face criminal charges, police said.

Local police warned of the dangers of the potent drug when ingested.

“Marijuana today is not your marijuana of the 1960s or 70s,” Oakland County Officer Mike McCabe said. “The THC level is multiple times more potent. Depending how much marijuana was baked into those brownies, it could lead to someone being violently ill.”

Medical marijuana was legalized in the state of Michigan for qualifying patients in 2008. Seventeen other states have decriminalized marijuana possession.


Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.