Fire in Turtle Bay apartment building injures one; power shut to apartments

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

TURTLE BAY, Manhattan (PIX11) -- One person sustained minor injuries in a fire inside a midtown apartment building Friday afternoon.

The apartment fire at 333 E. 46th St. , near First Avenue, began at 3 p.m. Initial reports indicate the two-alarm fire was caused by drilling in the basement, which hit a line and managed to spark a fire in a sixth-floor apartment.

Power has been turned off to the entire building. Authorities are awaiting the arrival of crews from Con Edison.

This is a developing story; check back for updates


Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.