Mets 2015 Sweepstakes
- TO ENTER: You must be 18 years of age or older and a legal resident NY, NJ or CT at the time of entry. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Sweepstakes begins at 8:30am EST November 20, 2014 and ends at 12pm EST November 20, 2014 (the “Sweepstakes Period”). To enter the Sweepstakes, watch PIX11 Morning News at 8:30 am EST to learn the displayed keyword. The keyword will be displayed on screen and viewers will be directed to enter the Sweepstakes either via text or online as described below. Entries must be received during the Sweepstakes Period.
- Enter via Text-Message: Using the text messaging feature on your cellular telephone, send a text message to 77944 with the keyword in the body of the message. Text entries must be received by 12PM EST to be eligible for the Sweepstakes drawing. Entrants must text the correct keyword as displayed in the PIX11 Morning News. All text entrants must have a text messaging two-way capable handset and digital service in order to enter the Sweepstakes using the text messaging method. Entrants will be sent a text message to confirm or reject entry into the Sweepstakes. Text-message entries may be subject to fees under the terms of the entrant’s cell-phone/text messaging subscription plan (contact your carrier for pricing plans and details). Text messaging and wireless service are not available in all areas. Text QUIT to quit and HELP for help. If any dispute arises as to identity of any text-entrant, the entrant shall be considered the authorized account holder by the cellular provider. “Authorized Account Holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned a number by the cellular provider or as shown on the cellular provider’s records or the natural person authorized to use the number by an entity that is shown on cellular provider’s records for that number. Only entries to the designated number and containing the correct keyword shall be eligible. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any text message entry at any time which in Sponsor’s opinion does not comply with these Official Rules.
- Enter On-Line: Log onto PIX11.com and follow the Sweepstakes link(s) until reaching the entry page. Accurately complete the entry form, including the correct keyword as displayed on the full screen during the PIX11 Morning News broadcast, your name, age, valid email address, telephone or mobile phone number. Online entries must be received by 12PM EST to be eligible for the Sweepstakes drawing. On-line entries containing attachments, generated by a script, macro or other automated means shall be disqualified. On-line entrants must use their own name. Copies or other mechanical reproductions, facsimiles, entries containing technical or electronic reproductions, entries containing attached files are not eligible and will be rejected. If any dispute arises as to the identity of any online-entrant, the entrant shall be considered the individual to whom the entry’s email address is assigned, as shown on the email service provider’s records. Only entries to the designated website and containing the correct keyword shall be eligible. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any entry at any time which in Sponsor’s opinion does not comply with these Official Rules.
- Restrictions: By entering, entrants agree to be bound by and comply with these Official Rules. One entry per person is allowed, regardless of method; subsequent entries from the same person and originating from a unique 10-digit cell phone (in the case of Text-Message entries) or from a single e-mail address (in the case of On-Line Entries) will be disqualified. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, incomplete, damaged, illegible, late, or misdirected entries, or for errors in mechanical transmission, unavailability of phone lines or connections, cellular phone service, or any other technical malfunctions or inability to transmit messages or entries. Received entries become the property of Sponsor.
- SELECTION OF WINNERS: One (1) winner will be selected at random from among all eligible text and online entries received, subject to verification and compliance with these rules. Sponsor will attempt to notify the winner by telephone or email. Winner will be disqualified and an alternate will may be selected by random drawing from among all remaining entries if: (a) a winner cannot be contacted/does not respond within six hours of Sponsor’s first notification attempt; (b) winner does not fulfill the eligibility requirements; (c) winner does not adhere to the Official Rules; and/or (d) if the prize notification is returned as undeliverable, refused, or declined. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries.
- PRIZE & PRIZE RESTRICTIONS: One (1) winner will receive four (4) tickets to a New York Mets baseball game during the home opening weekend (date TBA). Total ARV is $200. Tickets will be available at will-call under the winner’s name. Prize will be fulfilled by the New York Mets. Prize is non-transferable, non-negotiable. If prize (or any portion thereof) becomes unavailable for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of comparable value. Properly claimed prize will be awarded, but in no event will Sponsor award more prizes than are provided for in these Official Rules. Unclaimed prize will be forfeited, and no alternate winners will be selected. Winner assumes all applicable tax liability for the prize. Winner will be required to complete a W9 form (available at http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/fw9.pdf) in order to receive a prize, and will receive a 1099 tax form reflecting the actual value of any prize valued at $600 or more.
- CONDITIONS & RESTRICTIONS: Entrants agree Sponsor has the sole right to decide all matters and disputes arising from this Sweepstakes and that its decision is final and binding. Except where prohibited by law, entrants agree to allow use of their name, voice, photograph, likeness and any information provided on entry form, in any medium of communication, including print, Internet, radio and/or television and for any purpose, including advertising, promotional or other purposes, by Sponsor, The New York Mets, and/or their affiliates, without additional compensation. Winner by acceptance of a prize, agrees to release, indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor, prize provider, their parent companies and affiliates, and each of their employees, representatives, contractors, sponsors and advertisers, from any and all liability, loss, damage, costs or claims related to any allegation regarding the Sweepstakes or the award of, the receipt of, or the use of the prize. Sponsor is not responsible for personal injury of prizewinner incurred in connection with the use of the prize. Winner may be required to execute and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release prior to receiving the prize. Guest of winner may be required to execute and return a liability/publicity release prior to attending prize event with winner. Guest of winner must be 18 or older. This Sweepstakes is void where prohibited by law. Winner must provide proof of legal name, address, zip code, telephone number and social security number to receive prize (for example, in the form of a government-issued driver’s license or identification card).
Neither the failure of Sponsor to insist upon or enforce strict performance of any provision of these Official Rules nor the failure, delay or omission by Sponsor in exercising any right with respect to any term of these Official Rules, will be construed as a waiver or relinquishment to any extent of Sponsor’s right to assert or rely upon any such provision or right in that or any other instance.
PRIZE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AND THE SPONSOR AND PRIZE PROVIDER HEREBY DISCLAIM ALL SUCH WARRANTIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND/OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL THE SPONSOR OR PRIZE PROVIDER BE LIABLE FOR INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, ATTORNEYS’ FEES, OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES.
- ELIGIBILITY: Employees, officers, and directors (and their immediate family members and members of the same household) of Sponsor, the New York Mets, or of any of Sponsor’s affiliated companies, licensees, advertising or promotional agencies, or sponsors are also ineligible.
- ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS: Sponsor and its subsidiaries, affiliates, divisions, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns and prize provider and all of their employees, officers and directors will not have any obligation or responsibility, including any responsibility to award any prize to entrants, with regard to: (a) entries that contain inaccurate information or do not comply with the Official Rules; (b) entries, prize claims or notifications that are lost, late, incomplete, illegible, unintelligible, damaged or otherwise not received by the intended recipient, in whole or in part, because of computer, human or technical error of any kind, including but not limited to, inactive email accounts or entrant’s failure to monitor his/her account; (c) entrants who have committed fraud or deception in entering or participating in the Sweepstakes or claiming the prize; (d) telephone, electronic, hardware, software, network, Internet or computer malfunctions, failures or difficulties; (e) any inability of the winner to accept the prize for any reason; (f) any interruptions or failure to award a prize because of Acts of God, natural disasters, terrorism, weather or any other similar event beyond Sponsor’s control; or (g) any damages, injuries or losses of any kind caused by any prize or resulting from awarding, acceptance, possession, use, misuse, loss or misdirection of any prize or resulting from participating in this Sweepstakes or prize related activities. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual they find to be (a) tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes, or with any website promoting the Sweepstakes; (b) acting in violation of the Official Rules; or (c) entering or attempting to enter the Sweepstakes multiple times through the use of multiple e-mail addresses, mobile phone numbers, or the use of any robotic or automated devices to submit entries. If for any reason, this Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, tampering, fraud, technical failure, or any other cause which corrupts or threatens the administration, security or integrity of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate or suspend the Sweepstakes or any portion of the Sweepstakes. If Sponsor does so, Sponsor will award prize in a random drawing from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received as of the termination and will post notice of its action on the Sweepstakes website. Sweepstakes rules shall be governed and enforced pursuant to New York law, excluding choice of law provisions.
- WINNER LIST: For a winner list, send a stamped, self-addressed envelope after May 31, 2014 to: Winners List, Mets 2015 Sweepstakes, WPIX-TV, 220 E.42nd Street, New York, NY 10017. Requests must be received by December 31, 2014.
- SPONSOR: Sweepstakes is sponsored by WPIX TV, 220 East 42 Street, New York, NY 10017.
MATERIAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Must be 18 years of age or older & legal resident of NY, NJ or CT at time of entry. Sweepstakes runs from 8:30am – 12:00pm ET on 11/20/14. To enter, watch PIX11 Morning News at 8:30am – 9am EST on 11/20/14 for keyword & text 77944 with keyword in body or visit PIX11.com & complete form with keyword. Text entrants will be sent text message to confirm or reject entry. Std. msg & data rates apply. Text QUIT 2 quit & HELP 4 help. Limit 1 entry per person. Sponsor will randomly select 1 winner on 11/20/14. Prize: 4 tickets to New York Mets opening weekend. ARV: $200. Odds depend on number of eligible entries. Additional restrictions apply. Official rules at www.pix11.com. Sponsor: WPIX, LLC, 220 E. 42 St.,