HALLOWEEN PET COSTUME SWEEPSTAKES RULES OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
Sweepstakes entry period begins at 11:00 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) on October 22, 2014 and ends at 11:59 AM ET on October 29, 2014 (the “Entry Period”). Void where prohibited by law and outside the Contest area set forth below.
- ELIGIBILITY: The Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of New York, New Jersey and Connecticut who live within the WPIX viewing area and who are 18 years of age or older and have a valid Facebook user account at the time of entry. Employees of Sponsor and its subsidiaries, divisions, affiliates and advertising or promotional agencies, the Sweepstakes Administrator (if any), and the immediate family and household members of such individuals, are not eligible to enter or win. “Immediate family members” means parents, step-parents, children, step-children, siblings, step-siblings, or spouses, regardless of where they live. “Household members” means people who share the same residence at least three months a year, whether related or not. By entering, entrants agree to be bound by and fully comply with the Official Rules, and to be bound by the decisions of the Sponsor, which shall be binding and final in all respects.
- HOW TO ENTER: To enter the Sweepstakes visit the official WPIX Facebook page at facebook.com/pix11news (the “Page”) during the Entry Period and, if you have not already done so, click “Like” to like the Page, then click the Sweepstakes tab and follow the on-screen instructions to complete all required information and submit your entry form. As part of the entry process, you will be asked to submit a photo of your pet in a Halloween costume(the “Photo”). Please note, you must own a device (camera, telephone, etc.) capable of taking photos prior to the start date of the Sweepstakes, and you must own a pet prior to the start of the Sweepstakes. Photos must be original to the entrant (not copied, adapted, or reproduced from any other source and not a collaboration with any other person). Photos must not have been previously published or the recipients of any awards in previous contests. No watermarks, signatures, or copyright notices may be added to any Photo. The pet in the Photo must be owned by entrant, and the Photo cannot include any people. The Photo must not depict any obscene, provocative or otherwise inappropriate content, and must not show the pet performing a dangerous activity. The Photo must not include any endangered animal, and the pet depicted in the Photo must not be more than 150 pounds (i.e., no horses, cows, sheep, etc.). ENTRIES MUST BE RECEIVED BY 11:59 AM ET ON October 29, 2014. Limit one (1) entry per person during the Entry Period; multiple entries by the same person will be disqualified. Entries submitted to the Page will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the Facebook account and/or email address submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to a Facebook account by Facebook or to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or organization that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. Mechanically altered or reproduced entries are not eligible.
- Other Conditions of Entry: By entering, each entrant represents and warrants that it is the entrant’s pet depicted in the Photo, no laws were broken in the creation of the Photo and that the Photo is the entrant’s own original creation, the entrant has all rights necessary to submit the Photo, the Photo has not been copied in whole or in part from any other work, the Photo has not been previously published, the Photo does not violate the rights of any person or entity (including but not limited to privacy rights, trademarks, and copyrights), the Photo does not defame, libel, or slander anyone or any entity, and does not contain inappropriate, offensive, indecent, vulgar, obscene or profane content. Without limiting the foregoing, the Photo cannot depict any image that, in the sole discretion of Sponsor, is detrimental to Sponsor’s brands. Entries that do not comply with these Official Rules or the foregoing representations and warranties will be disqualified. Each entrant agrees to indemnify, defend and hold Sponsor harmless against any and all liabilities, losses, damages, claims, debts, investigations, fines, penalties, costs, expenses and settlements (including attorneys’ fees and costs of litigation, settlement, judgment, interest and penalties) arising out of or related to a breach of the foregoing representations and warranties. By entering, each entrant grants to the Sponsor a world-wide, perpetual, non-revocable, royalty-free, sub-licensable license to publish his/her Photo as well as derivative works based thereon on WPIX, on the WPIX website, in WPIX’s apps, on social media, and through any and all other media, now known or hereafter devised, in any manner related to the Sweepstakes, without prior notice, approval or compensation. Entrants otherwise will retain all rights to their respective Photos.
- RANDOM DRAWING; ODDS OF WINNING: One (1) potential winner will be selected by the Sponsor-designated judges from all eligible entries received in a random drawing to be held on or about October 29, 2014. Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received. Please note that the quality of your Photo will not play a role in the determination of the winner.
- WINNER NOTIFICATION: Sponsor will attempt to notify potential winner on or about October 29, 2014 by email and/or telephone, at Sponsor’s discretion, using the information provided on the corresponding entry form, and winner may be required to complete and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Release of Liability and Publicity Release (collectively, the “Affidavit”) within the time frame or by the date specified in notification, or an alternate winner may be selected. If potential winner is under the age of majority in his/her state of legal residence, the Affidavit must be executed on winner’s behalf by winner’s parent or legal guardian. In the event: (a) potential winner cannot be reached after a reasonable time and effort, (b) of noncompliance with the above or within any of the aforesaid time periods, (c) potential winner is found to be ineligible to enter the Sweepstakes or receive the prize, (d) potential winner cannot or does not comply with the Official Rules, (e) potential winner’s prize notification or Affidavit is returned as undeliverable, or (f) potential winner fails to fulfill the Affidavit-related obligations, the potential winner shall be disqualified from the Sweepstakes and an alternate potential winner may be selected, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, from among the remaining eligible entries received.
- PRIZE: One (1) grand prize winner will receive the opportunity to appear on the PIX11 Morning News with his/her pet. This prize has no retail value. The date and time of the appearance will be in the sole discretion of Sponsor, but Sponsor will attempt to work with winner on a mutually agreeable date and time. Please note, that any on-air appearance may be preempted by news or other unforeseen circumstances, and, if so, Sponsor may not offer an alternate time. The winner agrees to comply with and conform to generally accepted broadcast standards with regard to conduct, dress and language during his or her appearance on WPIX, and such compliance will be determined by WPIX Staff in their sole discretion. All federal, state and local taxes on the prize are the sole responsibility of the winner. Any portion of the prize not accepted or unclaimed and/or unused by the winner will be forfeited and will not be substituted. No transfer, refund, cash redemption, substitution or replacement of prize or any prize component permitted, except that Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute a prize of equal or greater value (or cash equivalent). Winner is responsible for all expenses not specifically provided for herein. Properly claimed prize will be awarded, but in no event will Sponsor award more prizes than are provided for in these Official Rules.
- NO TAMPERING; RIGHT TO CANCEL, MODIFY: Sponsor and its subsidiaries, affiliates, divisions, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors shall not have any obligation or responsibility, including any responsibility to award any prize to entrants, with regard to: (a) entries that contain inaccurate information or do not comply with the Official Rules; (b) entries, prize claims or notifications that are lost, late, incomplete, illegible, unintelligible, damaged or otherwise not received by the intended recipient, in whole or in part, due to computer, human or technical error of any kind, including but not limited to, inactive email accounts or entrant’s failure to monitor his/her account; (c) entrants who have committed fraud or deception in entering or participating in the Sweepstakes or claiming the prize; (d) telephone, electronic, hardware, software, network, Internet or computer malfunctions, failures or difficulties; (e) any inability of the winner to accept the prize for any reason; (f) any interruptions or failure to award a prize due to Acts of God, natural disasters, terrorism, weather or any other similar event beyond Sponsor’s control; or (g) any damages, injuries or losses of any kind caused by any prize or resulting from awarding, acceptance, possession, use, misuse, loss or misdirection of any prize or resulting from participating in this promotion or prize related activities.
Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be (i) tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes, or with any website promoting the Sweepstakes; (ii) acting in violation of the Official Rules; or (iii) entering or attempting to enter the Sweepstakes multiple times through the use of multiple e-mail addresses or the use of any robotic or automated devices to submit entries. If Sponsor determines, in its sole discretion, that technical difficulties or unforeseen events compromise the integrity or viability of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right to void the entries at issue, and/or terminate the relevant portion of the Sweepstakes promotion, including the entire Sweepstakes promotion, and/or modify the Sweepstakes and/or conduct a random drawing to award the prize using all eligible, non-suspect entries received as of the termination date. If Sponsor terminates the Sweepstakes, it will determine winner by random drawing from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received as of the termination date. If Sponsor terminates or modifies the Sweepstakes, Sponsor will post notice on the official Sweepstakes website. Neither the failure of Sponsor to insist upon or enforce strict performance of any provision of these Rules nor the failure, delay or omission by Sponsor in exercising any right with respect to any term of these Rules, will be construed as a waiver or relinquishment to any extent of Sponsor’s right to assert or rely upon any such provision or right in that or any other instance.
- RELEASE OF LIABILITY; DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY; DISPUTES: By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrants and winner agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Facebook, and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, divisions, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors (the “Released Parties”), from any and all liability, for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever, including without limitation, property damage, personal injury (including emotional distress), and/or death, which may occur in connection with preparation for, or participation in, the Sweepstakes, or possession, acceptance and/or use or misuse of the prize or participation in any Sweepstakes-related or prize-related activity and for any claims or causes of action based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery. The Released Parties assume no responsibility for any injury or damage to entrants or to any other person’s computer, regardless of how caused, relating to or resulting from entering or downloading materials or software in connection with this Sweepstakes. Entrants and winner acknowledge that Sponsor has neither made nor is in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representations or guarantees, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any prize or any component thereof, including, but not limited to, express warranties provided by any prize supplier or their affiliates. Sweepstakes rules shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York, excluding choice of law provisions.
- LIST OF WINNER: To obtain a copy of the winner list, after November 1, 2014, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope by mail to: WPIX 220 E. 42nd Street New York, NY 10017, for Sponsor’s receipt by November 30, 2014.
10. SPONSOR: WPIX, 220 E. 42nd Street, New York, NY 10017.
This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. Any and all questions, comments or complaints regarding the Sweepstakes must be directed to Sponsor, not Facebook.