How to get your FREE clinical breast exam!
PIX11 News wants to help you get a free clinical breast exam!
Join us on Wednesday, October 29 at the New Jersey Performing Arts Center (1 Center St. Newark, NJ 07102)
Screenings start at 4pm (first come first serve, no appointment needed)
We are partnering with St. Michael’s Medical Center’s “In the Pink” program.
We will have a mobile truck where doctors will perform clinical breast exams.
Do you qualify?
– Women of all ages who are uninsured
– All participants should bring valid picture ID, verification of income and proof of address
How it works:
– All women will be entered in the system at St. Michael’s
– For women who come to event but can’t be screened because of time, they will still be entered into the St. Michael’s system and be given an appointment for an exam another time
– All women who qualify or need a mammogram will be given a voucher for a free mammogram at the hospital at a later date/time
Additionally, you’ll get the chance to meet New York Giants player Steve Weatherford.
He works closely with the Breast Cancer Research Foundation and hold this cause very close to his heart!
RELATED: How to get your FREE mammogramAlertMe