BOISE, Idaho (PIX11) – After a teenager became so drunk she threw up and passed out, an adult at the home where she was partying allegedly gave her an IV and stuck her in the shower instead of calling an ambulance, police in Idaho said.
That adult is now charged with two counts felony injury to a child, according to the Ada County Sheriff’s Department in Boise.
Jennifer A. Phippen, 37, was arrested Sept. 5 for allegedly providing alcohol to the 14-year-old girl and other teens, and for allegedly not getting the girl appropriate medical attention for what Phippen suspected was alcohol poisoning.
The teen was at a birthday party Aug. 24 at Phippen’s home with several friends, some of whom were drinking alcohol, authorities said.
A few of the kids told Phippen that the unidenitifed teen drank several shots, passed out and vomited, sheriff’s officials said.
That’s when Phippen gave the girl about 400 to 500 ccs of fluid through an IV and put her in the shower “in an attempt to rouse her,” instead of calling paramedics or the girl’s parents.
When the teen regained enough consciousness later that morning, she walked home, the sheriff’s department said.
If convicted of felony injury to a child, Phippen could face up to 10 years in prison. She’s expected to appear in court Monday.